Best Christmas Pagent Ever

 Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Dec. 2023

I was so excited about this play! After I read it, it made me think of my time as a church parent!
It was designed by Chesapeake Dairymple (a professional scenic designer) and we had to follow her design. It was a wonderful design with minimal things in the stage. It was so exciting to see it coming to life! I painted everything on the stage this time, except for the undercoats which were thankfully done by assistants!
The worst part for me was figuring out how to do the stained glass windows on wood and make them look like glass. It took me a week of samples just to figure it out! But finally I got it and it looked great! Figuring out how to do the woodgraining was less problematic, but still took some time.
I borrowed a lot of things for the play from our church including the nativity costumes.
Everything came out great! We were able to finish it on time, even with our hours cut back to 4 days a week!
It all looked so good when we were finished! I think my career as a charge/scenic has hit its stride!

 So proud of the finished set!

 
 
 

So it begins....with lots of samples! 

Took me a week to figure it out!

 
  
 


 
Borrowed lots of things from my chruch!

Finally figured out the windows!



Here we go with the windows!





 
Finished taping! Lots of work! Then the painting of the window panes began...





Finally finished!
 
Now for the borders...

 
Next to the lines!
 
 
 
 
The school wall.
The creche

 
The wall surround

 
The crosses


I always hate to see something that I worked so hard on get painted over...but that's theater!

 
The kitchen was painted on that wall though!





Finished but the dimensions seemed wrong!


My paint brushes turned blue from the aqua paint!

Fixed the dimensions
 
The finished kitchen on one side and the garage on the other side.

 
 
 

Lots of Woodgraining!  

Started with lots of samples again... 
  
 





 
  
 
   
 
 

 











Oops something is wrong? Had to paint it out and start again!


 
The school wall doors closed: back and front.
 
  

The kitchen on stage!







Creche was too plain...repainted the bottom of it to look like straw. 



 
 The performance
 


 

Some last pictures!

 













 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puss in Boots

Dorothy in Wonderland